"Life coach" is thrown around a lot these days, but what exactly does a life coach do and could you benefit from one?
Coaches are motivational partners who provide unconditional support to individuals in setting and achieving goals as well as making lifestyle behavioral changes. A coach will help you develop your potential by cultivating your passions and purpose, removing blockages that are getting in the way, and creating a plan to get you from point A to point B (or, C, D, E, and so on!). Through coaching, you will become deeply conscious of your patterns, behaviors, and thoughts. You will get crystal clear on what you want, and how to get there.
REASONS TO WORK WITH A COACH:
- Identify and Set Achievable Goals: Are you craving change? Are you unsure of how to make it happen? Coaching will help you get clear on your goals, and create a realistic and achievable plan.
- Personal and Professional Growth: You will benefit from coaching if you feel unsatisfied and stuck in your personal and/or professional life. Examples include job dissatisfaction, troubled relationships, family difficulties, work/life balance, and overall dissatisfaction with where you are currently.
- Cultivate Passions and Discover Your Purpose: If you feel like there is something that you were born to do, but are not exactly sure what it is then a coach can work with you to discover your purpose. A coach can then work with you to help you live the life your dream of.
- Motivation and Inspiration: If you feel that your wheels are spinning in the mud, a coach will give you the motivation and inspiration that you need to get stuff accomplished. You will be held accountable so that you meet your goals, and make your dreams a reality.
- Support During Transitions: Graduating from school? Moving? Leaving your job? A coach will support you during major transitions. It can be really scary and anxiety-provoking to go through these changes alone. A coach can help you work through your fears and keep you on track.
- Improve Wellness, Reduce Stress, Increase Happiness: A coach will help you follow your nutrition plan, lose weight, and meet your health and wellness goals. Stress hurts our health, relationships, work, and overall wellbeing. A coach will help you identify and cope with your stressors so that you can reduce stress from your life.
- Find Balance: If you're struggling to find balance in your life a coach can help you. Too much of anything, even good things like exercise, can potentially tip the scales. In addition, there may be aspects of your life that are draining you. A coach will help you achieve the balance you need to create calm space in your life.
- Improve emotional wellbeing: A coach can help you develop unconditional love and self-acceptance, identify your problematic and limiting thinking patterns, and build confidence. This will help you break free of the blockages that are potentially holding you back.
And in regard to whether or not a life coach could be helpful for you, I'll leave you with this: If you could have simply done it alone by now, wouldn't you have?